Angel's Directions:"To be honest, I got the idea for this from Pin Kao the thai restaurant. I was hooked on it, but it was so greasy and made with white rice that I knew I could figure out a healthier way to bring these flavors together. So this is my version of thai pineapple fried rice..."
Cook long grain brown rice and let cool completely. In dry saute pan, roast mix of nuts and dried fruit (almonds, cashews, cranberries, raisins), set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine light coconut milk with yellow curry powder and small amount of pineapple juice if available (I have absolutely no measurements, sorry), set aside. Then in saute pan with little canola oil, saute sliced red onion, garlic, and shrimp (cleaned, deveined and chopped in thirds). Add chopped pineapple, roasted fruit and nuts, rice and desired amount of coconut curry. Now there is an option here to cook a couple slices of bacon and saute the shrimp in the grease and use the bacon to crumble as a garnish over the top of rice, (I think I did this for Paul once or twice).
No comments:
Post a Comment